Application Period Closed
POSITION OVERVIEW: The National 2Spirit Youth Coordinator is responsible for supporting the administrative needs of 2Spirits in Motion Society (2SiMS) Youth Council, as well as Coordinating the #2Spirit/Indigiqueer Youth Digital Storytelling project. The #2Spirit/ Indigiqueer Youth Digital Storytelling project is a modern way for 2Spirit/Indigiqueer youth to engage in relational dialogue across the country and potentially around the world through an interactive website that shares 2Spirit youth stories from across Canada. This will also allow youth to create social media sites where they can share the stories of the 2Spirit/Indigiqueer youth writers and artists. This project also includes assisting the Youth Council with a 10-part podcast on 2Spirit Youth/ Indigiqueer identities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and organize digital files and documents related to the organization.
- Complete research tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Youth Council.
- Assist in the development of documents for Youth Council meetings and for the #2Spirit/Indigiqueer Youth Digital Storytelling project.
- Coordinate the logistics of meetings, training and other relevant activities for the Youth Council meetings and for the #2Spirit/Indigiqueer Youth Digital Storytelling project.
- Support in arranging necessary travel arrangements and online media for meetings and training.
- Takes minutes and notes at relevant meetings.
- Support the Executive Director in processing expenses and expense claims for the Youth Council meetings and for the #2Spirit – Indigiqueer Youth Digital Storytelling project.
- Support the Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator in preparing invoices and bills for payment.
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of financial records for the project.
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Maintain positive working relationships with members, community groups and other 2SLGBTQ+ agencies.
- Attend regular staff and committee meetings.
- Maintain communication with the entire 2SiMS team on all organizational channels, including Basecamp, social media, Zoom, email and other tools as deemed necessary.
- Consider issues of racism, anti-Black racism, sexism, misogynoir, colonialism, cissexism, transmisogyny, trans-misogynoir, gender binarism, heterosexism, monosexism, amatonormativity, whorephobia, ableism, classism, sizeism, and other forms of systemic violence throughout all of our work.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Lived experience or connection to the 2SLGBTQ+ youth community.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Administrative skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Google Suite, including Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides;
- Knowledge of 2Spirit and 2SLGBTQ+, Indigiqueer and 2Spirit youth issues and concerns;
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English with French and/or an Indigenous language;
- Ability to understand oral and written communication in English with French and/or an Indigenous language;
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Bilingual, with the ability to write and communicate professionally in English with French and/or an Indigenous language;
- Knowledge and/or lived experience of 2Spirit and Indigiqueer youth cultures and movement;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Pride movement and networks;
- Knowledge of the following software or tools: Basecamp, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) Google Office Suite;
- Experience with online media: Zoom, Google Suites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
- Understanding of anti-oppression and intersectionality.
- Project Management timeframes;
- Meeting notes and documentation;
- Maintenance of administrative procedures.
- 2SiMS strives to maintain an anti-oppressive workplace that embraces social justice, anti-racism, and intersectional feminism. All employees are expected to uphold these values.
- This position will be remote.
- This position requires flexibility, and some evenings and weekend work.
- This position may require travel in Canada, when/if COVID restrictions allow.
Submit a resume and cover letter about your experience working with or participating in 2SLGBTQQIA+ communities and/or Pride movements by May 31, 2021. Attention: Jonathon Potskin (he/they), Interim Executive Director, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “National 2Spirit Youth Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Any written resume and cover letter should be submitted in PDF format. If a candidate prefers, they may submit a resume and cover letter in a video or audio format to the same address. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
We wish to emphasize that 2SiMS is dedicated to building an organization that reflects the diversity of all we serve. This includes prioritizing applicants that are diverse in gender identity, sexuality, culture, and race. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your lived experiences with any or all these identifiers. Preferential consideration will be given to applications from 2Spirit/Indigiqueer people. We rely on both the Employment Equity Act and Section 15.2 of The Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms for this measure.